Friday 23 November 2012

Abomination - You shall not lie with a man

Here is an interview I did on New Zealand breakfast television in October 2012. 

The show is called Good Morning and my interviewer is Rod Cheeseman. I wasn't sure what he was going to ask, but among other great questions he surprised me by asking about one of the sledgehammer scriptures from Leviticus in the Bible.

You shall not lie with a man, as with a woman: it is abomination. 
(Leviticus 18: 22 King James Version) 

But I am very grateful that Rod did bring up this this verse as it gave me an opportunity to talk about it outside the context of my book and to open it up to a wider audience. 

This 'abomination' verse has caused so much trouble for so many people and is the best example I know of how not to use the Bible. I have another post on that more general topic which you can read here

This interview is only abut six minutes and I don't get the opportunity to go into as much detail as I do in the book, but you, your friends or loved ones might find it helpful.

Watch it here and you can re-size it for the whole screen by clicking on the far right icon at the bottom. Please do share it around if you think it might be helpful to someone you know.







Pax et Amor - Stuart

No comments:

Post a Comment