Thursday 22 March 2012

Message to Queensland

This week on Tuesday night 20th March I had the wonderful opportunity to speak to the State of Queensland on ABC Radio 612 Brisbane - which covers the entire State. And my topic was, you guessed it, Being Gay Being Christian. In the week that brought us a patently homophobic and provocative television commercial by a minor political party in Queensland for their upcoming election and a Sydney man driving his repugnant truck of hate - homophobic billboards emblazoned on the back - all the way to Brisbane up the east coast, interviewer Rebecca Levingstone spoke to me intelligently and respectfully about the issues that the interface between gay sexuality and Christian faith brings. It was a most interesting interview and both Rebecca and I enjoyed our time together enormously. I hope that it helped the people in Queensland understand more about gay sexuality generally but also how it does not exclude gay people from being followers of Jesus.

If you know someone who might benefit from hearing this, perhaps a parent of someone you know who is gay and who is struggling with family issues or a gay person themselves who might be confused or struggling, then point them here to the BGBC Blog and encourage them to have a listen. Share it around as much as you can so the greater good can be achieved. Blessings everyone.




 


Pax et Amor - Stuart

2 comments:

  1. I can so relate to this. What you have said is exactly what I was taught all my life. I have been married for 41 years and nothing has changed. You have articulated it well. I strongly support gay marriage and I am thrilled when I see gay couples enjoying that which I will never have.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. David, this is why we need to vigorously put the truth out there. I see many men in my Rooms with your story. It is a hard story I know. Thank you for your support for this blog and for the rights of gay people not to be discriminated against. Blessings mate.

      Delete